This training session focuses on the assessment and treatment of the deteriorating patient within the dental practice. It enables the dental team to work together to ensure safe and appropriate treatment is given to a sick patient and to carryout CPR and defibrillation if required.
To update and improve your confidence and competence when dealing with life-threatening emergencies and discuss the concept of human factors in resuscitation.
By the end of the session, you will be able to:
· Discuss the human factors whilst dealing with medical emergencies.
· Carry out an initial assessment of an unconscious patient.
· Carry out effective BLS and safely use an AED on adults and children.
· Discuss the signs and symptoms of sepsis and identify initial treatment options.
· List the indications, contraindications and cautions when delivering emergency drugs in the dental practice.
· Use the ABCDE approach and SAMPLE to recognize life-threatening emergencies and take immediate action to prevent them from deteriorating.
· Undertake medical emergency scenario training to consolidate your learning
This CPD course meets the criteria for the GDC’s development outcomes C.
This course is Nationally Certificated through ITOL and provided by a RC(UK) Advanced life support Instructor. Complete support material, assessment and course feedback is provided online.