This training session focuses on the current changes in the assessment and treatment of the collapsed patient within the dental practice due to COVID19.
It enables the dental team to work together using the latest guidance from the RC(UK) to ensure safe and appropriate resuscitation is delivered whilst keeping the dental team safe from potential infection.
The course will discuss the level of PPE required and when it must be worn, along with correct donning and doffing of PPE.
To update and improve your confidence and competence when dealing with life-threatening emergencies and discuss the concept of human factors in resuscitation.
By the end of the session, you will be able to:
· Discuss the human factors whilst dealing with medical emergencies.
· Carry out safe donning and doffing of level 2 and 3 PPE.
· Carry out an initial assessment of an unconscious patient using the new guidance from the RC(UK)
· Carry out effective BLS and safely use an AED on adults and children using the new guidance from the RC(UK)
· Discuss the ABCDE approach and SAMPLE to recognize life-threatening emergencies and take immediate action to prevent them from deteriorating.
This CPD course meets the criteria for the GDC’s development outcomes C.
This course is Nationally Certificated through ITOL and provided by a RC(UK) Advanced life support Instructor. Complete support material, assessment and course feedback is provided online.